5 Ways to Use QR Codes in Your Business
QR codes can be scanned and decoded by most mobile devices. So, when someone sees a code in an ad, they can simply scan the code with their mobile phone’s camera and/or barcode reader. Once they scan the ad, it can take them to a message, a discount offer, your website, a video, or pretty much wherever you want to take them.
QR codes make it easy for Smartphone users to scan codes to get information about your business rather than having to send a text message, make a call, or wait until they get home to look at your website. This makes your advertising job a whole lot easier as it requires minimum effort on your part to get this accomplished.
Just to give you some ideas about the power of QR codes, here are 5 ways to use them in your business:
1. Use your QR code on your Google Places Local Business listing page. Google has already setup a QR code for you if you have a brick and mortar business. All you need to do is log into your account and download it and you’re done! When someone comes across your Google Places Local Business listing page, they can scan your code and instantly save your information to their mobile device.
2. Use your QR code on your website. When visitors hit your site, make sure your QR code is completely visible so they can easily swipe it and save all of your information to their mobile device. Not only that, but make sure it is on your Facebook Fanpage as well.
3. Use your QR code on your printed marketing materials. Your flyers, brochures, business cards, and anything else you use to market your business should have your QR code printed on it as well. If you advertise on billboards or TV, you can put them there too.
4. Use your QR code to build a list of mobile subscribers by using mobile keywords and short codes. For instance, you can run an advertising campaign telling consumers to text “special234” to receive 20% off your products or services. Once they send the text message, they are instantly subscribed to your list. Once they are on your list, you can promote additional offers and build relationships with them going forward.
5. Use multiple QR codes for different activities and promotions within your business. For instance, if you want to offer a coupon for 10%, create a QR code for it and promote it. If you want to share customer testimonials and reviews, create a QR code for it and promote it. If you want to share information about your newest product that is launching, create a QR code for it and promote it.
These are just a few things you can do with a custom QR code. They can be used online, at your physical location, on your direct mail pieces, and many other ways as you can see. They are perfect for your marketing arsenal when it comes to promoting specials offers, videos, product launches, or and pretty much any other promotional effort. The possibilities are endless.